Friday, August 26, 2011

A Reply From...

It was a Friday, yet another lazy Friday at office. There was no reason to remain cheerful. I had loads of work to complete and yes I wasn’t expecting much of fun in the weekend too.

Lazing my day at office and acting responsible about completing work, I managed to fool around until 3 in the afternoon.

After a tea break, I got a notification, an e-mail from Chetan Bhagat. Yes, you read that right, it’s the author of Five Point Someone.




Totally lost in thoughts, I managed to open to the e-mail, to check if it was an automated reply for a comment I had posted on his Website a couple of days ago.

I had read about his new book 'Revolution 2020' somewhere, and navigated to his Website to check the release date and if pre-booking was open. The pre-booking wasn’t open though. I just managed to read an excerpt from the forth-coming release. The excerpt increased my inquisitiveness about the story-line. I was thrilled about another Chetan Bhagat book and posted a comment on his web page, wishing the author for his new release.

After a few minutes, I got back to the daily routine work at office. Nothing stayed on my mind about the book or the comment I had posted. In fact, I didn’t even have a second thought about the comment I had posted.

Now, I get a reply (a personalized thank you note) from the author. It’s amazing that the author had actually managed to write a personalized mail thanking me for the comment I had posted. I was almost flying by the time I finished reading the e-mail. My day is made.

Chetan Bhagat..I salute thee..Awaiting the release of Revolution 2020!

No comments:

Followers